Sunday 3 June 2012

100 Word Review - #50 - The Binding of Isaac (Wrath of the Lamb DLC)


New characters, new floors, new enemies.
The Binding of Isaac - Wrath of the Lamb DLC

Genre - Action, Adventure, RPG, Indie

Metascore - N/A

Developer - Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl

Other Games by Developer - The Binding of IsaacSuper Meat Boy (as Team Meat)

My Playtime - 5 hours

TBoI is still one of my favourite games and was pushing to get full marks, the new expansion has just pushed it over the edge. For £2, you get double the amount of floors (which randomly interchange with the old ones), a new character and new items, enemies and bosses. There are also challenges that require you to use set combinations of items to beat the game. The base game was difficult enough, but the new floors just seem overly cruel. I’ve now put over 65 hours into this game and I can see myself at least doubling that. Addictive.

My Score - 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment